Celebrate National Pie Day on January 23!
|1 cups||key lime juice|
|3 1/2 cups||sweetened condensed milk|
|5 tablespoons||cold water|
|3 cups||heavy cream|
|3/4 cups||powdered sugar|
|2||10" graham cracker pie crusts, baked|
- In a bowl, whip egg yolks, lime juice, and milk. Place bowl over a pot of boiling water and whip while cooking for 10-12 minutes until slightly thick and smooth. In a small bowl, mix gelatin with water, stir, and let sit for 5 minutes. Add gelatin to bowl on stove and whip.
- Remove bowl from heat and set over a large bowl of ice, stirring occasionally until cool. In a new bowl, whip cream with a mixer on high speed.
- Slowly add powdered sugar and vanilla. Whip for 7-8 minutes until stiff. With a rubber spatula fold in 1/3 of whipped cream into lime mixture.
- Continue folding in remaining whipped cream until smooth.
- Pour into pie crusts and cool in refrigerator for at least two hours. Serve. Makes two 10” pies.