Carbonara Style Egg Pizza
Serving Size: 8
Nutritional Information: 440 calories, 22g fat, 7g saturated fat, 160mg cholesterol, 1300mg sodium, 43g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 17g protein
|1 1/2 pounds||Purchased pizza dough (unbaked)|
|4 ounces||Pancetta (diced)|
|1/4 cup||Minced shallot|
|1 teaspoon||Minced garlic|
|1 1/4 cups||Parmesan cheese (grated)|
|1 teaspoon||Dried red pepper flakes|
|1 1/2 teaspoons||Course ground black pepper|
|2 teaspoons||Italian seasoning blend|
|1 1/2 teaspoons||Course salt|
|3/4 cup||Baby arugula leaves (or other micro-greens of your choice)|
|4 tablespoons||Olive oil (divided)|
- Preheat a 14 inch pizza stone in a 450 degree oven. (Heat stone 15 minutes after oven reaches 450 degrees).
- Press dough on a sheet of parchment paper on a pizza peel or baking sheet to a 14 inch circle, letting dough rest as necessary.
- In a heavy skillet, sauté the pancetta over medium high heat until it begins to brown. Add shallot and garlic and continue cooking until pancetta is crispy but not burned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- While pancetta is cooking, in a medium bowl, combine eggs, egg yolks, and parmesan cheese. Set aside and allow mixture to thicken.
- In a small dish, combine red pepper flakes, black pepper, Italian seasoning and coarse salt (should be approximately 2 Tablespoons total).
- Give dough a final press and transfer along with parchment onto the preheated stone. Bake for 4 minutes. Remove from oven and brush 1 Tablespoon olive oil around outer 1 inch of crust.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon on the spice mixture on the oiled area. Stir 1 Tablespoon of spices into the egg mixture. Spread the egg and cheese mixture over the crust to within 1 inch of the edge. Return stone to oven and bake 5-7 minutes until eggs are set and filling has reached 160 degrees.