Brunch Pastry Ring
Serving Size: 8
|1/2||red bell pepper chopped|
|1/2||green bell pepper chopped|
|1/4 teaspoon||salt or to taste|
|1/4 teaspoon||pepper or to taste|
|8 slices||bacon, cooked as desired and crumbled|
|2 - 8oz. pkgs.||refrigerated crescent rolls, Pillsbury crescents|
|1 cup||cheddar cheese shredded|
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a bowl beat 6 of the eggs and mix in the chopped peppers, salt and pepper. Cook the egg mixture in a skillet, scrambling until they are fully cooked.
- Open both packages of crescent rolls and separate into rectangles (two triangles together.) On parchment paper, layout the 8 rectangles with short ends forming a 6” circle.
- On each rectangle closet to the circle, spoon the bacon and cooked egg mixture. Top with shredded cheese.
- Fold the long end of the rectangle completely over the egg mixture and press to bottom of pastry to seal. Using a fork, gently open the perforations. Beat the remaining egg and brush the pastry.
- Bake for 15 – 17 minutes or until the crescents are cooked and golden brown.
- Garnish with parsley, if preferred. Serve warm.