Breakfast Panini with Roasted Red Pepper Spread
Serving Size: 3
Nutritional Information: 490 calories, 27g fat, 13g saturated fat, 465mg cholesterol, 981mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 27g protein
|1/3 cups||low-fat cream cheese|
|pinch||Mrs. Dash seasoning blend (optional)|
|2 to 3 strips||turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled|
|1/2 cups||low-fat Swiss cheese, shredded|
|1 1/2 cups||fresh spinach leaves, rinsed and packed|
|1 tablespoons||low-fat milk or water|
|2||Ciabatta bread rolls (or 4 slices of whole-wheat bread)|
|1 1/2 teaspoons||balsamic vinegar|
|1/2 teaspoons||fresh garlic, minced|
|2/3 cups||roasted red peppers from jar, drained|
FOR THE SPREAD:
- Add roasted red pepper spread ingredients to a small food processor.
- Pulse until completely blended. Spread butter on one side of each roll; spread the other side of each sandwich with 1-1/2 tablespoons of the roasted red pepper spread.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs and water or milk.
- Beat mixture until well blended.
- Grease a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add spinach leaves and cook, stirring often, for about one minute.
- Add pinch of Mrs. Dash seasoning blend if desired. Add egg mixture to spinach leaves in skillet.
- Gently cook until eggs are set. Remove skillet from heat, sprinkle cheese over the top of the egg mixture and turkey bacon bits over the top of the egg mixture.
- Remove half of egg mixture; spread on roll or bread slice. Top with remaining bread half.
- Toast both sides of sandwich on a panini press.
- The spread makes about 1 cup, leaving plenty to use for extra sandwich spread or vegetable dip.