Breakfast Egg Pizza
Submitted by: Louise Piper
Serving Size: 6/8
Nutritional Information: 390 calories, 23g fat, 9g saturated fat, 190mg cholesterol, 1190mg sodium, 26g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 17g protein
|2 tubes||Crescent roll dough (8 oz tubes)|
|1/2 teaspoon||Course ground black pepper|
|1 cup||Asiago cheese (shredded)|
|1/3 cup||Fresh fennel (finely chopped)|
|1/3 cup||Green onion (finely chopped)|
|1 clove||Garlic (large clove, minced)|
|2 cups||Fresh spinach (washed, patted dry, torn)|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 10x15 inch pan that has sides. Unroll the crescent roll dough and press into pan pinching to close the perforations and press up onto sides of pan.
- Cut up the prosciutto slices and place all over the dough.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, mustard, salt, pepper and milk. Stir in the cheese, fennel, onion and garlic. Pour this mixture over the prosciutto.
- Sprinkle the torn spinach on top.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Let stand 3-4 minutes. Cut into 6-8 pieces and serve immediately.
*cooks note: finely cut fresh kale may be used, if desired.