Submitted by: Pamela Cooper
Serving Size: 2
Nutritional Information: 680 calories, 61g fat, 27g saturated fat, 665mg cholesterol, 890mg sodium, 3g carbohydrates, 28g protein
|2 tablespoons||Heavy cream|
|1/4 teaspoon||Onion salt|
|1/8 teaspoon||Onion salt (optional)|
|1/4 teaspoon||White pepper|
|4 strips||Bacon (good quality)|
|1 tablespoons||Drived chives|
|2 tablespoons||Parmesan cheese (finely grated)|
|2||8 ounce Ramekins (4 1/2 inch wide mouth works nicely)|
- Separate eggs and let come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly beat egg yolks and add cream, onion salt, white pepper and lightly beat again to combine. Set aside.
- Fry bacon until crisp and drain on paper towel. Cool and crumble 2 strips into fine pieces.
- Butter ramekins and set aside.
- Beat egg whites to form soft peaks. (Add 1/8 teaspoon onion salt - optional). Continue beating to form stiff peaks. Fold in chives and crumbled bacon pieces into egg whites.
- Place 1 Tablespoon butter in center of buttered ramekins. Divide egg yolk mixture between ramekins.
- Add 1 Tablespoon cheese on top of each yolk mixture.
- Spoon egg white mixture equally over top of yolk mixture in each ramekin, mound with peaks.
- Cut remaining 2 bacon strips in half and pierce whites with bacon leaving 2/3 of each strip showing.
- Bake 5-7 minutes, or until lightly browned. Serve immediately.