Bacon Cheddar Breakfast Muffins
Serving Size: 12
Nutritional Information: Per serving: 12 muffins Calories: 116 Total fat: 5 g Saturated fat: 2 g Polyunsaturated fat: 1 g Monounsaturated fat: 2 g Cholesterol: 101 mg Sodium: 290 mg Carbohydrates: 11 g Fiber: 1 g Sugar: 1 g Protein: 6 g Vitamin A: 61 mcg Vitamin D: 1 mcg Folate: 34 mcg Choline: 76 mg Calcium: 138 mg Iron: 1 mg Potassium: 61 mg This recipe is a good source of protein and choline.
|1 cup||all-purpose flour|
|1/3 cup||quick-cooking oats|
|1 tablespoons||baking powder|
|1/4 teaspoon||ground cinnamon|
|1/2 cup||shredded cheese|
|1/4 cup||finely-chopped crisp cooked bacon|
|1/4 cup||chopped fresh parsley|
- HEAT oven to 375°F. MIX flour, oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and pepper in large bowl.
- BEAT eggs and applesauce in medium bowl until blended. ADD to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. STIR IN cheese, bacon and parsley. SPOON evenly into 12 greased 3-inch muffin cups.
- BAKE in 375°F oven until tops are lightly browned and spring back when tapped with finger, 15 to 20 minutes. COOL in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan. SERVE warm or cool completely.
- Made with oats, cinnamon, applesauce, cheddar cheese and bacon, these are delicious muffins for grab-and-go breakfasts or lunchbox treats.
- Lighter Option: Recipe can be made with reduced-fat cheese and turkey bacon, if desired.