American Egg Bake
Submitted by: Derrick Walton - Adult First Place
|1 cups||cauliflower, fresh, chopped|
|1/2 teaspoons||dried, crushed basil|
|1/4 cups||white wine|
|1/2 cups||asiago cheese, grated|
|1 cloves||garlic, minced|
|1/4 cups||sweet red pepper, finely chopped|
|1/2 cups||scallions, chopped|
|2 tablespoons||olive oil|
|4||mushrooms, fresh, sliced|
|1 cups||broccoli, fresh, chopped|
|1/2 cups||Parmesan cheese, garnish|
- In a skillet cook the potatoes in hot oil, uncovered, until tender. Add scallions, red pepper, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook until onion is tender. Then add the broccoli and cauliflower; reduce heat.
- Cook, uncovered, for approximately 5 minutes more.
- Beat together eggs, cheese, wine, basil, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture over the vegetables in skillet. Cook over medium/low heat for 5 minutes. (If temperature is too hot, the egg mixture will overcook and become tough.) As eggs set, lift egg mixture around the edges with a spatula to allow the uncooked portion to flow underneath.
- Continue process until the mixture is almost set. The top will be moist.
- Remove from heat. Cover and let stand until the top is set. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Cut, serve and enjoy!