|1 1/2 cups||all-purpose flour|
|1 cups||whole or 2% milk|
|1/4 cups||vegetable oil|
|1 teaspoons||baking powder|
|1/2 teaspoons||table salt|
|1/2 teaspoons||vanilla extract|
|optional dash||ground cardamon|
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Heat aebleskiver pan on stovetop over medium heat.
- Separate eggs into two large mixing bowls.
- yolks with flour, milk, oil, sugar, baking powder, salt, vanilla, and cardamom. Whisk until blended.
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff but not dry. Gently fold into batter just until blended.
- Fry aebleskivers in oil over medium to medium-high heat. Fill pan wells with batter. When a crust forms, poke a skewer to the bottom and slide up ¼ turn, spilling batter into well; cook 1 minute. Rotate another ¼ turn; cook 1 more minute. To keep warm while cooking more, place them on a baking sheet in the oven – they’ll deflate a bit, but taste just fine.
- Serve piping hot with butter and your choice of toppings. (Butter, powdered sugar, maple syrup, jam, and cinnamon-sugar)
Aebleskiver pans available at www.pleasanthillgrain.com
(Recipe compliments of: Cuisine at Home magazine, www.cuisineathome.com)