A Most Un-Eggspected Salad
Submitted by: Cheryl Rogers
Serving Size: 10
Nutritional Information: 243 calories, 13g fat, 3g saturated fat, 222mg cholesterol, 583mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 12g protein
|10||eggs, hard-cooked and peeled|
|1 pounds||pesto bread (round loaf)|
|3 ounces||pre-cooked bacon|
|1 cups||tomatoes, seeded and diced|
|1/2 cups||fresh basil leaves, shredded|
|1 cups||cucumber, peeled, cored, and diced|
|1/2 cups||vinaigrette salad dressing|
- Cut top off the round pesto loaf. Make a bread bowl, leaving about 1/2 inch wall of bread.
- Toast bread top lightly; set aside to cool. Cut toasted bread into cubes. Dice hard-cooked eggs and tomatoes. Heat bacon in microwave until crisp according to package directions. Chop coarsely.
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, tomatoes, basil, eggs, cucumber, and bacon. Add salad dressing; toss lightly to mix.
- Just before serving, transfer salad to the hollowed pesto loaf.
- Garnish as desired with any of the following: hard-cooked eggs, tomatoes, cucumber slices, or basil leaves.