January 12, 2021
77 calories, 5g fat, 2g saturated fat, 212mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 6g protein
Quantity & Ingredients
- Place eggs in a single layer in saucepan. Add enough water to come to at least 1-inch above eggs. Quickly bring to boiling and turn off heat.
- Remove pan from burner. Let eggs stand, covered, in hot water 15 minutes for large eggs (12 minutes for medium, 18 minutes for extra large).
- Immediately run cold water over eggs or place them in ice water until completely cooled (about 15 minutes).
- To remove shell, crack it gently by tapping egg all over on hard surface. Roll egg between hands to loosen shell.
- Start peeling at large end. Hold egg under running cold water or dip in a bowl of water to help ease off shell.
- Refrigerate hard-cooked eggs in their shells and use them within 1 week.